[Discuss] Wiki

Dave Bucklin dave.bucklin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:09:52 CDT 2018

We should set up a wiki.

I'm thinking about a wiki where we can keep persistent documentation on
server configuration and other things. There are many ways to do this.
The 1970s way would involve a pile of text files. I'm fine with that. We
could bring it into the 1980s with a little formatting; I'm thinking
Texinfo pages. We could augment that by keeping everything in git.

Alternatively, we could use a web-based solution, possibly with
authoring in some flavor of markdown, asciidoc, etc. A hybrid solution
could let users clone the files, make updates, commit/push, and then
view in a browser if desired. Or we could go full web, but that's less
exciting to me, personally.

Feel free to look at the kickball self-hosted awesome list for
inspiration.

https://github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted